This position requires that you be fully vaccinated against Covid-19, subject to health or religious reasonable accommodation if you are required to work on-site.
Who we are
At CDP, we are on a mission to solve our planet’s biggest environmental challenges: climate change, water scarcity and deforestation. We believe you can’t manage what you don’t measure – so we run the world’s largest environmental disclosure system. For the past two decades, our team has worked tirelessly to create a thriving economy that works for people and planet in the long term – we accomplish this by engaging the global actors who wield the greatest influence in driving environmental change: companies, cities, governments, and the capital markets.
CDP’s cascading global impact is powered by our tight-knit team of smart, savvy, curious and committed individuals, who share a common passion for creating a sustainable future. It is our people who make our work possible. And we provide our people with a working environment that empowers each individual to reach their full potential: one that is committed to equity; one that provides equal access for growth and development; and one that supports each individual throughout the full employee life cycle.
Who you are
- You have a keen interest in corporate environmental action and disclosure
- You understand the business case for corporate environmental action to manage sustainability issues, specifically related to climate change, water security, and/or commodity-linked deforestation
- You have excellent relationship management and communication skills, strong ability to pitch services, and advanced planning skills
- You have strong attention to detail and strong organizational and time management skills
- You are skilled at understanding stakeholder needs, identifying opportunities, and acting on this information
- You will manage relationships with companies requested to disclose by investors and customers across several industries, serve as their primary point of contact, coordinate relevant corporate communications, and drive environmental action.
- You will implement disclosure engagement strategy to achieve annual disclosure and income targets
- You will identify candidates for relevant opportunities for broader CDP goals and initiatives
- You will prepare and deliver presentations to external audiences on the value of CDP.
- You will contribute to strategy development, annual planning, and process improvement.
- You will support cross-team collaboration by leasing with other CDP teams in North America and around the world.
- You have at least two years of related work experience.
- You have a university degree.
- You have the ability to meet deadlines under pressure and manage competing priorities.
- You are proficient with MS Office
Generous PTO. Tackling the world’s biggest environmental challenges is no easy feat – we offer a generous 20 days of annual leave to keep our employees energized.
Paid holidays. We recognize 15 paid holidays, including winter break, and pay homage to our diversity by offering one additional floating holiday of your choice for religious or cultural celebrations, per year.
Health and wellness. We strive to ensure the health and wellbeing of our staff –employees receive excellent health, dental and vision benefits and paid sick leave.
Learning and career growth. We are committed to the growth and development of each individual team member. We offer continuous learning opportunities and training for personal development.
Future planning: We know it is important to plan for the future. We provide our employees with both a non-contributory 401K, and an optional additional contributory 401K. We also offer life insurance.
Commuter benefits: We know commuting can be a pain – we offer commuter benefits and a Citibike membership to employees to make life a little easier.
Fun. We take our work seriously, but we don’t take ourselves (too) seriously. We regularly take time out for fun and festivities, from all-staff retreats, to happy hours, to summer outings and an end-of-year holiday celebration!
CDP North America is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fostering, cultivating and preserving a culture of justice, equity, diversity, inclusion and accessibility both within our workplace and across our larger organizational impact. Candidates of color and/or from marginalized backgrounds are highly encouraged to apply for this role.